Senior Accountant supports the Corporate Controller to drive all formal financial reporting functions including management of statutory accounting, financial accounting and month-end close supported with internal controls.
- Support the Corporate Controller to drive all entities formal financial reporting functions including management of statutory accounting, financial accounting and month end close.
- Prepare monthly close on a timely basis which includes journal entries and monthly work paper reconciliations as well the preparation of the annual audited consolidated financial statements and supporting documentation.
- Manage inter-company accounts and perform inter-company reconciliations.
- Monitor daily cash, record cash receipts, prepare monthly bank reconciliations, including follow-up of reconciling items.
- Prepare weekly cash forecast, which includes discussions with other departments to determine cash flow needs and requirements on a timely basis.
- Review purchase order requests and work with accounts payable for accuracy and timeliness of vendor payments.
- Manage accounts payable, which includes postings and payments to insure the completeness and accuracy of accounts.
- Review of fixed assets to ensure group procedures are followed, and depreciation is performed timely.
- Work with Corporate Controller to manage outsourced accounting functions (e.g. tax filing) and payroll process at various international locations as part of month end closing procedures for all entities.
- Prepare and identify all reconciling items in all Balance Sheet reconciliations are clearly noted and resolved on a timely basis.
- Prepare 401K audited financial statements with outside auditors.
- Assist in the preparation of the yearend tax provision and consolidated multi state tax returns with outside tax accountants.
- Support Corporate Controller with all entities treasury functions including management of foreign currency requirements and daily cash flow control.
- Maintain all records and accounting entries for efficient subsequent retrieval during audit or other activities requiring research into historical transaction records for all entities.
- Oversee and recommend improvement of accounting processes for all entities
- Support finance team for annual budget and monthly forecasting process
- Participate and support Corporate Controller with any projects as needed including cost management, internal control, decision supports and financial application implementation
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Degree in Finance/Accounting
- CPA and/or CMA desired but not required
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant accounting work experience with public accounting experience
- Knowledge of statutory consolidation is essential
- Solid track record of successfully training and motivating teams
- Previous experience with Netsuite is desirable
- Experience with Concur
Skills & Qualities:
- Sound knowledge in all areas of financial accounting and control, with strong technical competency.
- PC and spreadsheet experience, particularly Excel modelling
- Strong financial acumen with ability to interpret financial data, draw sound conclusions
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills to able to influence both peers and senior managers
- Ability to work across various areas of the business, including effective communication with people of different backgrounds and levels
- Ability to deal with matters that carry a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written skills, able to present to the highest level
- Confident, proactive, self-motivated, enthusiastic, quick thinking, goal, results oriented